OK I've been posting really crummy stuff on my blog recently, so here, in the nick of time, comes redemption for my poor blog :)
It was Saturday evening and I was all decked up with my fancy new high heels. (High heels *always* make me feel grown up and all..like i have all the cares of the world on my shoulder..starting with balance for instance :P)
This was because my dad, for the second time in his life was going to be singing at a big concert and I was selected to represent the family and see him through his ordeal!:D
You see, my dad's a great guy and all. He plays the guitar really well and has given several concerts, but he's only sung once before in public- (well basically he thought no one was home and was singing some serious Italian opera in his bedroom, while my friends and I were rolling on the floor in a convulsive heap as each new note brought more and more hysteria :D)
Well, this time my dad was not going to be singing Italian opera (Thank Heavens for that!) but this really cute song called L-O-V-E, first sung by Nat King Cole. It's a real peach of a love sing-or so I thought, before hearing my dad practice singing it for like the nth time!!
He had practiced it so many times that I thought that if anyone mentioned that 4 letter word- love to me I would put another 4 letter word-Fear into his goddam heart so that he would never use it again!
So you see, none of us were particularly keen on hearing dad's song for the n+1 th time, and I volunteered rather reluctantly to be the lamb in this case and sacrifice myself on the altar of family duty and honour :)
My dad was really nervous and as we drove to the auditorium, kept saying
1) his throat was hurting, so maybe he should not sing
2) he suddenly remembered he had to check up on a patient, may be his duty lay there, maybe he should leave
I know he came up with a lot more, probably picked up from listening to my sister and I trying to dodge dentist appointments, but I had learnt something from my parents stony silence as we pelted them with heart breaking excuses. So, I merely said nothing and kept on assuring him that he would do great.
finally, i had got my dad back stage.
Now, while my dad was studying for his doctor thing. He had taken up karate. He had become so good at it that he had even been a karate instructor for some length of time.
So suddenly, as we counted down the performers, he broke into some karate exercises to calm himself down!
An astonished compere watched as my dad went "haiyya" etc. :D
(it was embarrassing max!!)
Several of the other performers were back stage as well,
"Oh, don't worry," I told them. "He's always like this when he's hungry," I said.
Anyways, finally dad went on stage and sang. It was really good! He got the entire crowd singing along with him. I was really happy! Life was Bee-Yew-Ti-Fulllll :):)
ROFL xD
ReplyDelete:D:D
ReplyDeletehope my dad doesnt find out about this post
Sweet Post :)
ReplyDelete-Raghav