Is there a God? There must have been or what was the First Cause?
But if there is a God, is a he a good God? And if he is then why does Evil exist?
'Bad' people are bad because of circumstances beyond their control. Their 'badness' could be hereditary or it could be born of privations faced etc.
Are they really 'Bad'? Should they be punished for having the wrong DNA, or for a fault which was not theirs to start with?
Why would a good God do something like that?
The Hindu belief in rebirth and karma, where your sins catch up with you in your next reincarnation, seems to be the most logical theory to explain Evil. It justifies why I am me and not you.
The theory of rebirth tires and frightens me.
What is 'right'?
2000 years ago, the very definition of righteousness was different. Polygamy and so many other things were rampant. We read about this in the Bible. We are told that it was a custom at that time and therefore is acceptable.
Scary.
I wonder 2000 years from now, when we live in Huxley's Brave New World, (that is if global warming does no catch up with us first) will the Future look back at us and laugh at us for being monogamous etc? Shouldn't what is right be more absolute? More defined?
I want Answers. After June 4th I start reading Spinoza properly. Somehow I feel I will find something in his philosophy
No comments:
Post a Comment