It's 10:00 pm and I've given up trying to coax sleep to sprinkle sand in my eyes. I've rather philosophically gotten up to stand by my window and dream.
I can hear the muted sounds of traffic as they filter through the leaves of the tree outside my window. The wing is quiet. The hostel dogs have finished their routine raid and have left the world to darkness and to me.
The moon is a young moon tonight. She seems to quiver full of expectancy. I can understand why people says that moonlight is dangerous. Nothing seems impossible or stupid when it's bathed in moonshine.
Is this the same moon that looks down on the Mens Wimbledon Finals Match, albeit unseen? Is it she that looks down on hunger in Africa, at war and bloodshed in Pakistan at despair and terror in Afghanistan? Is it she who has looked down on generations of lovers?
In a world of change it is so wonderful to have something that is constant, that will always walk in beauty through the night. For I've come to realize everything changes. Not just people and places, but ideals! Ideals change too! And I'm not sure I like that!
I've always wondered what Anne of Green Gables would make of today's world. A world so much more complicated and multidimensional than the one she lived in, in Avonlea. Would she retain that starry eyed romanticism? Could she hold on to her Dreams and Ideals? Well she must! Otherwise she wouldn't be 'Anne'.
I can feel sleep creep up over me as I write. It is such a lovely, delicious, cosy feeling! Good Night World and Good night Moon!
No comments:
Post a Comment