Life is like a great gilded book. Every second, the book expands as closely written pages are added to it. What is the book about? Why you and me!
Somehow, sometime, a dot of ink spilled on the first page and streaked out into the beginning of a story. As new characters were introduced, the story snowballed; driven by the momentum of the characters themselves.
If a tapestry could be woven reflecting the connections between the various characters, , Mandelbrot himself would probably be bewildered at the fantastic complexity of the picture; as hundreds of millions of microcosms cut across each other to form a picture that never seems to be complete; but is always tending to perfect symmetry.
Sometimes, one is rewarded by a flash, a view of a pattern which causes one's heart to ache with the beauty of it. And that's the secret. We search for these patterns, these micro symmetries and forget the all encompassing trend.
Everyone's actions affect everyone else. Just by existing, you are part of the pattern which would be completely different if not for you. I've given a great deal of thought to this. Sometimes I deliberately give in to crazy impulses just to see the pattern change and see the birth of new symmetries.
It's when I give in to my impulses that I most strongly feel that I am the Writer of my own Life. I feel Powerful as I control every other character in the book. They would not be where they are doing what they were doing if not for me.
P.S: This whole post is fresh evidence that I'm crazy. But the image of the book haunted me today and i had to put it down. I don''t understand exactly my own analogies but some part of me dimly understands what I have written.
No comments:
Post a Comment